Monday, September 17, 2012

Harvest

It's been so fun to have our own garden in our own little yard this year. Eric built me a raised bed in front of our new house in Portland. I planted lettuce, chard, carrots, beets, parsley, green beans and basil and we have been enjoying eating off of it all summer. I also did tomatoes in pots, and those have been doing super in the warm weather. We planted 2 blueberry bushes that we hope will produce in upcoming years. Recently planted are cabbage, leeks and Brussels sprouts. I have also been enjoying a neighborly relationship with my sister Maria, who has raspberry canes and mature pear and plum trees.
I already have big plans for next year...
Our own raspberry bushes and maybe more blueberries an currants in the backyard, and at least 2 fruit trees for the front, maybe another raised bed too! It will take a few years for them to get established, but we are finally living in a home we plan to stay in.
Now all I have to do is convince Eric that a chicken coop is a good idea, and we'll be a regular little urban farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment